The Ontario Archives based in Toronto, Ontario has posted a position for a senior archivist. Below are some of the details of the position, for further details and how to apply click here.
Organization: Ministry of Government Services
Division: Archives of Ontario
Position Title: SENIOR ARCHIVIST
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Location: 134 Ian Macdonald Blvd, North York, M5A 2C5, Toronto Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Salary: $1 193.57 - $1 375.95 per week*
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job Code: 7964 - Librarian 3
Category: Administrative and Support Services
Job ID: 30645
Archivists at the Archives of Ontario acquire and manage records with high evidential, informational and legal value, documenting the key activities and decisions of the Government of Ontario and the development of Ontario society. We seek a Senior Archivist to accept this exciting opportunity to work on the Collections Development and Management team.
• appraise and acquire archival records from government and private sources
• arrange and describe records according to institutional standards
• provide reference services to clients
• participate in outreach activities
• provide team and group leadership to archivists and temporary staff for functional/cross functional projects
• independently plan and conduct appraisals, develop provincewide acquisition plans and strategies and determine scheduling priorities
• provide expert advice on archival practices to management and other staff at the Archives
Please note: you may be required to move 35-50lb containers of archival material.
Further details are available at Ontario Public Service Careers.