Randy over at Genea-Musings is taking a reader survey on your top 10 favourite genealogy websites. Here are my favourites based on my own particular research needs.
1. Ancestry.ca - can’t live without them
2. Ship’s List – great for seeking out passenger lists, new info added monthly
3. Irish Family History Foundation- for my hard to find Irish ancestors
4. Irish Origins- my second stop on my search for my Irish ancestors
5. Ontario Archives – for ordering microfilms on Inter-library loan
6. Google – can’t live without them for general searches, maps, books and gadgets
7. OntarioGenWeb.com – keeping on top of Ontario records
8. Rootsweb.com – my mailing lists and forums
9. Familysearch.org – just in case they have something ancestry doesn’t. I also used them for ordering microfilms from other countries.
10. Find-a-grave – check in every so often in search of a few graves I haven’t been able to locate.
These are in no particular order as it would depend on which branch and ancestor I am searching on any given day. Feel free to weigh in, stop at Genea-Musing with your favourites.
- Beginners - Start Here
- Helpful Research Tips
- Irish Genealogy for Beginners
- The Corner Store
- Family History Blogging
- The Family History Writing Studio
- Writing Your Family History
- Family History Writing Challenge
- Genealogy Travel
- Genealogy Conference Tips
- Heritage Recipes
- Advertise Here
- Let's Talk